But yes of course! We kindly ask you to read through the rules of Neko Café TiME below.
- First rule - Be gentle with our cats. Though they like cuddling, you should never force them to. If they go away don't chase after them or grab them by the tail.
- Second rule - Don't lift the cats. Imagine yourself if someone lifted you up and held you several times a day, it's tiresome!
- Third rule - Don't feed the cats. Their stomach can't take human food but they'd appreciate if you buy them a snack.
- Fourth rule - Don't make loud noises. Cat ears are sensitive, so please don't yell or make loud noises, they can get scared!
- Fifth rule - Don't disturb sleeping cats. You can pet them gently, but it is not necessary to wake them up
- Sixth rule - Don't get angry with our cats. Cats are animals, and if they happen to scratch or bite you by accident don't blame or hurt them.
- Seventh rule - Adults are responsible for their children. If your children's behavior is disturbing to our cats, we will kindly ask you to leave.
- Eighth rule - Leave when your time is up. Please make sure you are not leaving any personal belongings behind.
- Ninth rule - Please enjoy your stay and come again!
And don't forget, Neko Café TiME is non-smoking only. You may take pictures of our cats, but please don't use flash
Come celebrate “Caturday” or nyan-nyan no hi with us! The 22nd of every month we will hold a lottery in which you will always win something! Prizes include free entrance tickets, and more! Our staff of cats will be waiting for you from 10.30 am every day.
Today on August 15th, Neko Café TiME celebrates our 2nd year! We are happy to have such wonderful visitors and such lovely cats to greet them all! Our staff is likewise always happy to cater to all your cat-craving needs! Being close to Fushimi Inari Shrine, Neko Café TiME seems to receive some of the … Read More
Everybody knows that, you will never have enough cats around. This is why we are proud to announce that two more cats entered in our four-legged staff. They are two small, lean, red and white brothers rescued from the streets. They were born in September 2015, and after long months of medical treatments (to make … Read More
You have shown us some serious Neko Love on both Facebook, Twitter and TripAdvisor! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! We hope to see you again!
How about it? -Cultural Language Exchange- Are your Japanese skills feeling a bit rusty? You want to break the ice and talk to Japanese people but don’t know how? Let our cats help you with exactly that at Neko Café TiME’s 4th Cultural Language Exchange this Friday, 3rd of April! Students of all nationalities are welcome! … Read More
“Found this place after a tiring day climbing Fushimi Inari. You can play with and cuddle nine cats, and add some canned drink or ice cream. They even sell yatsuhashi, a special sweet of Kyoto, very good.
Cats are friendly and you can pet them, or sit and relax watching them playing around, while listening to relaxing music.
Definitely a must for Fushimi Inari area.”
Had a wonderful experience
“This was my first time experience at a cat cafe in Japan. The lady was very nice and showed us the lockers and instructions before entering the place. The cats are very playful and do not afraid of people. Bob (the black and white) was my favorite! He tried to steal the toy from me when I was playing with other cats! All cats loved attentions and easy to get along with. All cats are very attached to the owner as well.”
Best cat cafe in Japan!
“We loved this cat cafe! The cats were friendly, playful and cuddly. Especially if you buy a chicken treat. We have been to a few cat cafes on our trip and this has been the best. We were the only customers for a good 20 minutes. Make sure to go early as this is when the cats were hungry and awake. And you can gp and visit the shrine down the road at the same time. Loved it!”Nasharussia
Our cat café is located between Keihan Main Line Fushimi Inari station and JR Inari station. As seen on the map, enter the building on the western side of the river, then please climb the stairs to the 2nd floor.
When are you open?
Opening Hours: Every day (even holidays) from 10:30AM-07:00PM (April 1st to September 30th) 10:30AM-06:00PM (October 1st to April 30th). Last admission is 30 minutes before closing. If we have no guests by then, we close early.
Address: 〒612-0012 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Fushimi-ku, Fukakusa Ichinotsubochō, 12−2 Hisayasu bldg 2F