Welcome in and spend some time in the company of our adorable cats!
In the heart of Fushimi, Kyoto – just a few steps away from the famous Fushimi Inari shrine, come in and enjoy a snack while cuddling with our beloved cats.
With a panorama view over the river; lined with beautiful sakura trees that explode with blossoms in spring, our café provides a well-deserved break as you tour the ancient city of Kyoto.
A café with cats you say?
Yes! A truly unique experience on your trip; a cat café is all about cats! As any cat lover will tell you, cats are lovable creatures that snuggle right up with you in exchange for your attention.
At Neko Café TiME, cuddle with our cats, watch them play or snap photos of them chilling in the sun. If you want, you can also buy them some cat snacks in order to have all of their attention!
But yes of course! We kindly ask you to read through the rules of Neko Café TiME below.
- First rule - Be gentle with our cats. Though they like cuddling, you should never force them to. If they go away don't chase after them or grab them by the tail.
- Second rule - Don't lift the cats. Imagine yourself if someone lifted you up and held you several times a day, it's tiresome!
- Third rule - Don't feed the cats. Their stomach can't take human food but they'd appreciate if you buy them a snack.
- Fourth rule - Don't make loud noises. Cat ears are sensitive, so please don't yell or make loud noises, they can get scared!
- Fifth rule - Don't disturb sleeping cats. You can pet them gently, but it is not necessary to wake them up
- Sixth rule - Don't get angry with our cats. Cats are animals, and if they happen to scratch or bite you by accident don't blame or hurt them.
- Seventh rule - Adults are responsible for their children. If your children's behavior is disturbing to our cats, we will kindly ask you to leave.
- Eighth rule - Leave when your time is up. Please make sure you are not leaving any personal belongings behind.
- Ninth rule - Please enjoy your stay and come again!
And don't forget, Neko Café TiME is non-smoking only. You may take pictures of our cats, but please don't use flash
Come celebrate “Caturday” or nyan-nyan no hi with us! The 22nd of every month we will hold a lottery in which you will always win something! Prizes include free entrance tickets, and more! Our staff of cats will be waiting for you from 10.30 am every day.
Today on August 15th, Neko Café TiME celebrates our 2nd year! We are happy to have such wonderful visitors and such lovely cats to greet them all! Our staff is likewise always happy to cater to all your cat-craving needs! Being close to Fushimi Inari Shrine, Neko Café TiME seems to receive some of the … Read More
Everybody knows that, you will never have enough cats around. This is why we are proud to announce that two more cats entered in our four-legged staff. They are two small, lean, red and white brothers rescued from the streets. They were born in September 2015, and after long months of medical treatments (to make … Read More
You have shown us some serious Neko Love on both Facebook, Twitter and TripAdvisor! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! We hope to see you again!
How about it? -Cultural Language Exchange- Are your Japanese skills feeling a bit rusty? You want to break the ice and talk to Japanese people but don’t know how? Let our cats help you with exactly that at Neko Café TiME’s 4th Cultural Language Exchange this Friday, 3rd of April! Students of all nationalities are welcome! … Read More
Best cat cafe in Japan!
“We loved this cat cafe! The cats were friendly, playful and cuddly. Especially if you buy a chicken treat. We have been to a few cat cafes on our trip and this has been the best. We were the only customers for a good 20 minutes. Make sure to go early as this is when the cats were hungry and awake. And you can gp and visit the shrine down the road at the same time. Loved it!”Nasharussia
How better to relax
“After going to the Inari shrine we came across this cat cafe. It was cheap and the cats were friendly. A good spot to let your feet rest after walking up all the stairs. They dont let too many people in at the same time. This way everyone gets a cat. It also had a good view of the street where we caught a glimpse of a priestess blessing the area, I think.”Vincent G
Excellent if you love little cats!
“My wife loved this cafe! It is a soothing place to have coffee and pet a cat. They somehow keep the place very clean (saw a Roomba in the corner). The cafe also has air conditioning if you visit in the summer.”pa_in_nyc
Our cat café is located between Keihan Main Line Fushimi Inari station and JR Inari station. As seen on the map, enter the building on the western side of the river, then please climb the stairs to the 2nd floor.
When are you open?
Opening Hours: Every day (even holidays) from 10:30AM-07:00PM (April 1st to September 30th) 10:30AM-06:00PM (October 1st to April 30th). Last admission is 30 minutes before closing. If we have no guests by then, we close early.
Address: 〒612-0012 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Fushimi-ku, Fukakusa Ichinotsubochō, 12−2 Hisayasu bldg 2F